It is becoming somewhat of a tradition for me to think about what i want to improve next year.
But first, the resume for last year: it was definitely way better than 2015, but I am still uncomfortable with watercolors. I am using them for over ten years and now I feel i am stuck without advancing any further with them. But comparing my works of the last few years tells me that I *am* sort of improving, just very, very slowly. I just cant seem to find my definite watercolor style yet.
Surprisingly, I found a new medium for me, or more like I rediscovered it. Since inktober and a few new pens i started a playful new art adventure with inking and mixing it with other things. I also did cover a lot more different stlyes and themes with them. In conclusion I did a lot more art than 2015 and i am getting more and more comfortable with drawing animals, postures and such things.
Now on to my wishlist for 2017:
- watercolor overall (definitely need improving on the use of colors!)
- clothed figure drawing ( I did some this year but not nearly enough)
- values and light/shadows (they are essential for everything I do)
- faces (as always)
- folds and fabrics/ texture (still needs improving)
- animals and plants (especially the latter is troubling me)
I also would like to hear your art wishes for 2017